What is a Private Cloud?
Private cloud (also called internal cloud or corporate cloud) is a term for a proprietary computing architecture that provides hosted services to a limited number of people behind a firewall. They are an innovative new method for delivering resources on a public cloud infrastructure in an isolated secure manner.
A Private Cloud guarantees resources such as CPU, memory, disk capacity and IOPS to the virtual machines running in the private cloud ensuring your virtual infrastructure always delivers optimal performance. All virtual machines in the Cloud are deployed on dedicated VLANs providing network isolation and security. A dedicated firewall/VPN appliance is included to provide a secure network connection between your office and your cloud hosted virtual machines. With a Private Cloud, businesses can host their entire IT infrastructure including mail servers, domain controllers and hosted desktops exactly as they would in their existing office or datacentre.
Will a Private Cloud suit your business?
In today’s competitive business world, businesses need their employees to have access to their applications and data to communicate and to work from any location at any time. Previously this has been achieved using a mixture of terminal services and remote desktop technologies which have provided a very unsatisfactory user experience due to poor performance and limitations due to application support.
As the technologies to enable cloud computing have evolved the way in which these requirements can be delivered has changed. Private Cloud hosted desktop and server solutions provide users with a high performance desktop and server environment that supports the installation of any application that can be installed on a standard PC or server and a user experience identical to that provided by a local desktop PC.
Private Cloud Features & Benefits
- Data Stays in the UK
- On-Demand Infrastructure
- Low Latency, High Performance
- Proactive Managed Solutions
- Local Support
- Dedicated virtual firewall appliance with full NAT functionality
- Load balancing to multiple internal virtual machines
- VMs can have both private and public IPs
- VMs can be a mixture of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Can consist of 2 to 100 virtual servers
- Can be joined to an existing office network through VPN configuration
Build a standalone private cloud
- Store your data and connect to it through direct internet connections or a secure VPN
- Assign internal and/or external access to your virtual servers
- Configure, add or remove servers on-demand instantly accessing our vast storage and computing capacity
Extend your Office Network into the Cloud
- Link your private cloud to your office network through a secure VPN and instantly add flexibility and unlimited capacity
- Allocate servers and services to your existing infrastructure or to the cloud, with minimal changes to security settings
- Make the most of our cloud infrastructure for on-demand capacity, redundancy, backups, testing and high speed connectivity
A Solid Plan for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- You can run your own replication or backup systems from machines inside the private cloud
- Address business continuity by replicating your existing server images onto our cloud storage server and in the event of a disaster, you can simply start up these images in your pre-configured private cloud and have all your primary services back up in minutes
- Pay for storage and then only pay for cloud computing resources if and when needed
For Further information or to create a private cloud solution please get in touch